• 27.1.19

    WAYS TO HAVE DOWN TIME

    Life has a tendency of getting so busy whether it’s with work, studying or just family life, you can often forget to take time out for yourself and have some downtime. It can sometimes be difficult, particularly if you’re self employed, a parent/carer or just have an extremely hectic schedule, but irrespective of whether you work 9 hours or 60+ hours a week, there are always little things to do, to give yourself a well deserved break!

    | GO FOR A DRIVE
    This is one of my favourite things to do, particularly late at night when there are fewer cars on the road. This is perfect when you want to be alone; just you and your thoughts (but don’t think too hard, concentrate on the road!). I often end up at a 24 hour McDonald’s drive through for a mayo chicken or McFlurry!

    | LISTEN TO MUSIC
    There’s nothing better than listening to your favourite playlist or artist (in my case, it’s Take Care by Drake). When I want to have proper chill time or work at the same time, I listen to the Ministry of Sound Recover playlist, as it’s so mellow and calming. A bonus to this is that you don’t need to watch it, so there’s many things you could do, such as doing a face mask or painting your nails etc.

    | HAVE A BATH
    This is what Lush bath bombs were made for! Putting an hour aside, so you can just run a hot bubble bath and just relax and read a book with a glass of wine or a nice hot chocolate – whatever you fancy! I personally love doing this, but I don’t get to do it as often as I’d like too, but whenever I do, I always think to myself that I should do it more often, even it’s fortnightly or once a month.

    | GO FOR A WALK
    This is one that I’m really partial to, especially in the summer when it gets dark a lot later. It’s nice just being alone and being able to recharge. Going for walks really helps to clear my head, being by myself with some good fresh air (or as fresh as it gets in London) Not to mention, it makes for good exercise and makes a change from sitting in a stuffy room.

    | WRITE
    Again, this isn’t something that’s for everyone, but it is definitely, one of the ways that I like to spend my time, especially if something is playing on my mind. I find it so calming and somewhat therapeutic to write down my thoughts or what I would like to say to someone but feel as though I can’t as it really helps me to offload and just carry on without it weighing heavy on my shoulders. Even if you’re not one to write down your feelings, you might find solace in writing a story or spend five minutes writing in a personal diary.

    What do you do to enjoy down time?

    Would you like to comment?

    @charlottechristmasx